Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How much does it cost?
A. You can find our prices listed under Our Services page.
Q. Am I in your service area?
A. If you do not see your location on our Service Area Map, you can ask via the "contact us" page. Williamsburg and Toano are our service areas. We will try to accommodate you!
Q. I've never used a pet sitter before. How do I get started?
A. Send us a message through our Contact Us page to schedule your meet and greet with our new client specialist. She will visit you and your pets in your home, so we can get to know each other. I’ll answer any questions you have and go over all the details for your pets’ care and your home’s security while you’re away.
Q. When and how do I pay for services?
A. We ask that the services be paid in full on or before the date of your scheduled service. We all accept major credit cards: MasterCard, VISA, American Express, and Discover through our Time To Pet portal.
Q. What kinds of pets do you sit for?
A. We specialize in dogs and cats, but we also have experience with horses, birds, reptiles, and fish. We like new challenges, so ask us about your special pet and we’ll see if we can work with you.
Q. How often will you visit my pets?
A. Our walkers will visit up to four times a day, depending on your needs. Morning visits are between 7:00 – 9:00 a.m.; midday visits are between 11:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.; evening and dinner visits are between 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.; and late night visits are between 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Q. Are you Insured?
A. Yes, our company is fully insured and bonded.
Q. Do my pets' vaccinations need to be current?
A. For their safety and ours, we require rabies vaccinations to be up-to-date.
Q. Does my dog need to be on a leash for walks?
A. Yes, it’s a state law that dogs must be on a leash when they’re not on the owner’s property. We do not trust invisible/electric fences as we have witnessed many issues with them. We will leash a dog for protection and possible liability issues.
Q. What if I'm delayed and cannot get home in time?
A. Send us a text! We want to make sure your pets are cared for and will continue service until you’re back. We carry a cell phone at all times, so you can reach us 24/7. Texting us will ensure the quickest response.
Q. Do I need to confirm my reservation for your services?
A. Enter a request in Time To Pet our company database/app. We do have a cancellation policy that we ask you to observe in order to respect our time and avoid unnecessary charges.
Top 10 reasons to hire us!
1. Your pets will be comfy and secure in their own space while you’re away.
2. Less disruption to your pets’ routine means less anxiety—for your pet and for you!
3. Unlike a busy, crowded, noisy kennel, your pets will get personal attention and exercise
4. Your pet will not be exposed to other animals’ illnesses in a kennel.
5. No need to pack up and transport your pets with their special toys and food.
6. If your pets need medication, a professional sitter will ensure they stay on schedule.
7. No need to train the neighbors’ kid or well-intentioned, but inexperienced, friend or relative.
8. Looking after your pets means we also look after your home security.
9. We’re licensed, bonded, and insured.
10. You’ll have peace of mind!